What is Okra?
Okra, also referred to as ‘Lady Finger’ is a plant from the hibiscus and Cotton Flowering Family. This plant is Popular in Central America, Africa and Asia. It is easy to identify as it normally grows tall overtime and has broad leaves but what makes this plant stand out even more are the long pods that it produces. These pods grow up to 10 inches tall and are filled with soft seeds that are accompanied by a slimy inner texture. This pod can be consumed as soon as it is picked from the tree but it is a popular item to include to Many Dishes. It is know widely for many nutritious benefits as it contains items such as:
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Folic Acid
Benefits of Using Okra
The okra plant is low in calories but contains a lot of nutrients that are beneficial to ones health.
It is known to contain Antioxidants and other vitamins that help to fight off Illnesses and promote good health in areas such as:
- Fighting Cancer
- Lowering Risk of Heart Diseases
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Gastrointestinal Health Issues
- Breastfeeding and Pregnancy
How to use Okra
The Okra plant is very Useful and for its Many contributions to health there are so many ways in which it can be Consumed, the most popular ways are:
- Okra Can be added to Many Cuisines such as Stew or In Salads
- Okra can Be Blended into A Nutritious Punch
- Okra Or it’s Seeds Can be Powdered and Used in any way Comfortable by the User and it can be found on Sale in Food Health Stores or Online.